Friday, March 21, 2014

Beaches & Haircut





Wendy’s knees are better today.  I guess it is tougher being a 50 old year woman than a 53 old man.  We decided to run along the long beach that is on the right of the apartment.  It is a better running path that going thru town.  The first bit is on pathways along the beach and the second half is on a dirt road following a long stretch of beach, 1 km or so.  We normally see 1 or 2 cop cars on the dirt road.  They do a good job of patrolling it.  We also see the police in town as well.  Makes you feel safer knowing they are not too far.  Beautiful sunrise again today so it was fun to run along the beach.  A few sport fishermen were out as well.


I could get to be a sport fisherman if all mornings were like this


Nice clouds in the mountains


After our jog, a load of laundry got started followed by our typical breakfast on the patio.  Oatmeal & strawberries for Wendy, Cornflakes with Bananas & Strawberries for me.
Once the laundry was hung, I grabbed my camera and headed towards the Balcon for a walk and hoping to takes some pictures.  I walked down the beach on the left of the Balcon.  A small fishing boat (12 feet) with 2 fishermen was coming in.  I gave them a hand to pull it up onto the beach.  In the corner of the beach there is a cottage that is built into the rocks.  It is very pretty.

Tourist train

Cottage built into the cliff

Balcon from the beach.  The restaurant open last weekend

Cool rock formation.  I only noticed the face in the eye after I got home


I then followed the beach away from the Balcon.  It is a very pretty with cliffs on one side and the beach on the other side with huge rock formations.  On the cliffs side there are many kinds of wild flowers.  Where you could not walk on the sand, there are old pathways that you can follow.  At one point I ended up walking up a flight a stairs with overgrown scrubs & trees with barely enough space to go by.  The top of the stairs was blocked by a door by you could easily walk by.  There was a sign on the door.  Basically it said DANGER.  Prohibited because of falling cliffs/landslide.  Oh well no going back at this stage.  I must have missed the sign on the other side where I started. Might do this walk again but I will watch out for the falling cliff, probably not after a big rainfall.
 At the bottom of the stairs was another small beach.  You could call it a mini club Europa as one girl was talking advantage of the beautiful morning we are having. 









From there I walked back to the Balcon and took a few more pictures.  The local old men were there again, so I discreetly snapped a picture of them and a few more misc. pictures.   



After this I headed to the movie theater where tonight there is an orchestra and a choir doing a performance.  Found out it was free but you need to get a ticket which you can get 1 hour before the performance.  Along the way, I went in a used book store where I found a road atlas for Spain with 100 maps in it for 6.80 Euros.  It will be very useful this weekend as I did not have a map of the area where we were going.  I also checked out a place to get my haircut but they were busy.  I made an appointment for 4:30 this afternoon when they reopen from siesta.  Overall it was a nice hour and a half walk.  

Some of the girls I met walking

For lunch, I made a large salad which we had on the patio and then headed to the common area near the beach fence of our property for a bit of sun and a few more pictures for me.  I enjoyed a couple of cold beer while Wendy read and dozed off for a few minutes.


I think they are Canadian as well by the look of their skin

Not sure I would like it there with the cliff hanging over my shack

Spent the rest of the afternoon reading about this weekend, working with pictures and writing the blog until 4:15 when I went to get my haircut.  The good thing about getting your hair done by razor is that I just had to tell her “Numero 3, par favor”.  She said 2 at first but the one time I went that short, Wendy did not like it.  She says I still have too much hair for that at the moment but the time is coming.  She did a good job and best of all it was only 5 euros. 

After Wendy was done work, we headed out to the beach on the left of the apartment.  I was very quiet with almost nobody there.   The waves were breaking onto the shore.  The sun was in and out of the clouds and the last time it went behind, we called it quit.  We were there for about 1 hour.


I am making artichokes for tapas before supper that I bought last week but did not cook them yet for one reason or another.  I think they were something like .65 euro for 4 ($1.00 Canadian).   We just finished them, YUMMY.  On the grocery list for Monday now.

Leftover pasta for supper and then off to try to get in to see the concert at 9.  Away for the weekend so not sure when the next blog will be up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate any comments/questions you would have or any stories about the places we visited.