Monday, March 17, 2014

Dolphins & Fisherman



As I suspected my body was just not ready for even the slowest of jogs this morning, but we did go for a 45 minute walk.  Another beautiful day, no wind.  Our walk today is over to the balcon then down below to the one of the beaches.  We find out that this beach connects to the beach under our apartment if there is no big breakers.  But, the best thing of all today is seeing dolphins.  I’m sure they have always been out there but today is so calm it is really easy to pick them out.  Lots of schools of fish around, I’m sure that’s why they are here.  Andre has taken advantage of no job this morning and has brought his big camera on our walk, other days he just brings my little one that he can put around his wrist.  So, be prepared, I’m sure there will be lots of pics later.

Reminded me of Andres Dad just looking out at the water...

Steps going down to the beach from the balcon

First dolphin sighting!


Beach Cat, lucky thing, tough life



House on the walkway to the beach built into the rocks


A quick load of laundry to get up to date since there is no wind and the sun is out.  Back to work, Andre goes for some groceries that we need for lunch.  Another busy morning for me, the time sure does go by quickly.  My conference call with the office today I found out it is -25 at home, I sure don’t miss that!  I think it was around 21 today.  

We were able to eat lunch outside on the patio, then took lawn chairs down and sat outside by the pool for 30 minutes in the sun.  Andre wished he had a camera with him as the beach below us today was club Europa.    

Our apartment is still really cold, I’m in a sweater and Andre is in a t-shirt after getting to spend so much of the morning outside.

While Wendy was working this afternoon, I decided to go for a walk around town.  I headed towards the balcon to take a few pictures.  There was a man playing clarinet which sounds so nice.  A few fishing boat when by while I was there.  

Early morning just outside our apartment

A few hours later once the shops get set up



Beautiful clear water



From our apartment we can see a patio where people were having drink.  Found where it was.  Tonight they are having a band for St Patrick since it is an Irish bar.  We may end up there tonight.  From the balcon, you can see another patio as well.  Found that one and it a bar/Italian restaurant with reasonable prices.  Will need to try that one at some time as the views are very nice.

I decided to go explore a few beach next.  I walked down one and it connects to the large beach at the far end of town.  One fisherman was pulling his boat up.  He had just finished putting his nets out for the night.  I manage to get out of him they would be back from fishing around 8 tomorrow morning.  We might head that way for a jog tomorrow morning to see if we can get some fresh fish.

On my way back, I walked by an Irish bar and a man was playing guitar and singing.  I just had to spot for a pint since it is St Patricks day.



School of small fish

Irish pub for a pint today


Fisherman setting nets just outside our apartment, picture taken from our balcony



Off to the movies again tonight.  It is not movie club night, so no wine given out.  Tonights movie was Blue Jasmine, it was pretty good. On the way home we stopped for take out chicken and potatoes, an easy supper and enough leftovers for tomorrow night. 

1 comment:

  1. Cochrane's terrace is one of the best sunset views in Nerja! Apart from Rincon del Sol on Burriana!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate any comments/questions you would have or any stories about the places we visited.