Thursday, March 14, 2019

Thursday in Town


The usual way this morning around the island. It is a bit fresh with a small breeze. Probably around 13-14 degrees. We still need our jackets in the morning but when you get out of the wind and in the sun, we sometimes take them off.


Tug boat and Cargo ship, saw at least 5 cargo ships today

Not sure I want to use these guys for the boat tour, maybe they spend all their money on the boat and I do want to go with them

Keep seeing this big fork on the sidewalk in the morning, makes me hungry

Not good to play chicken with a street sweeper if you are on a scooter. 
Bus tours must be in town


Got a few fish but not getting rich

I think he and another man were arguing about the price


On the city wall near the marina promenade


In the aquarium park

Fisherman near the castle

Opens at 8:30, so maybe one morning


I love the SOS part. Repairman


Did some research on what to do in the Taormina area that we will be on the weekend until Wendy told me that this was Thursday not Friday.  Whoops. Ah well, more research does not hurt. The GPS now has a few places ready to go.


Before lunch I decided to go get water from the machine we saw a couple of night ago. I took 2 Sobeys bags with me and 4 empty 2 liter bottles. For .5 of an Euro, I filled them all up. I can use the money I saved to buy me a gelato later, possibly tonight.


For this lunchtime walk we crossed over to the mainland and stayed on the left side. Nothing too exciting to speak off. Mostly commercial street. We ended up near the train station, so we took advantage and dropped in to a grocery store we knew. Bought a medium size chicken for 3.5 Euro. It was super tender and very tasty. A few other groceries and we made our way back.



Only open Tuesday to Saturday 7PM to 11PM and Sunday Noon to 3PM

Bus parking lot, 10 buses but spaces for about 50, must get real busy later on

Somewhat typical apartment building on the main part of town

Anyone wants to guess why the boat is named Mistake???

After Wendy was done work, we went for our last walk early as there is still a chill in the air. We were lucky and enjoyed a nice sunset tonight.  We were on a hunt for a coffee size mug also.  The cups in the cupboards are either china tea cups or espresso cups. Found some but they were souvenir tacky cups for 5 Euros, Will need to go to the main part of town tomorrow.

For supper we had the artichokes that we had gotten yesterday at the market, delicious, and the leftover pasta from last night.

the golden hour light did not fail tonight

My old job




I got Vetoed on this one



2 comments:

  1. How do you serve your artichokes, with a dip or just plain ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steamed them for about 45 minutes with garlic, olive oil and lemon slices. We had 2 dips for them. A Curry and a Greek dip.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate any comments/questions you would have or any stories about the places we visited.