Saturday, March 5, 2011

My friends are leaving


There are no plans activities for today as the majority of the group is leaving today.  One left at 9:30, 6 left at 1:30 and team Germany at 2:30. The only ones left here besides me are a couple from Ontario and the family of 3 from Edmonton. 

We get our group pictures done at 9AM.  2 of the girls get up for it and return to bed right after.  Too many rum punches last night. 




We do a late lunch and then one last swim at the split for the people leaving in the afternoon.  The boy who is 12 and me accompany team Germany to the ferry terminal and wish them a good trip home. 








A quick visit at the ATM for some cash.  Everything here is cash and if you pay by credit card, they charge you an extra 5%. We do an ice cream break after the ATM visit.  It is important to take in calcium at my age (Ice Cream).  Get back to the room for a siesta.  This is the first one of the trip and much needed after last night. 

The mother got up around 5 for a few minutes, had a sprite and then went back to bed. The father and son went to the restaurant next door to the hotel.  The Ontario couple and I head to the restaurant that we had drinks last night after our supper.  We had a beautiful meal.  The presentation was perfect and the flavours were out of this world.  The prices were similar to what you would pay in Canada but it was much better in taste and presentation.  My bill was $45 with a frozen mojito, an appetizer and a main course. 






Back at the room at 8, I sit outside and have a lonely Rum & Coke and head to my room to do the daily trip report.  Tomorrow is my last day on Cay Caulker

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate any comments/questions you would have or any stories about the places we visited.