Friday, March 18, 2011

Cabo San Lucas, Revisted

Today we are not sure what we have planned.  I had booked a tour, but I wasn't sure if it was still on or not.  I never printed off anything about the tours, so I was never sure exactly what they included, or how long they were for, so it was always a bit of an adventure. 
Today we get off on the 7:30 tender for our  9 AM tour.  There are no lines for us at this time of day, and today they told us to just go and get in line instead of having to get a tender ticket with a number on it first. 
So we arrive at the pier where we are supposed to get our private sailing tour at about 8:15, lots of time, and we're still not sure if we even have the tour.  We see a guy with a shirt with the company name on it. So I go and ask and he takes my voucher and says we will be ready to go in about 5 minutes. Yeah we don't have to plan anything else for today. 
It is a 3 hour tour on a nice 28 foot sailboat.  We start off by the first mate telling us a little about the morning and then asking if we want anything to drink as it is open bar, André is now a happy man.  Margaritas at 9AM, where is Lima when he could use a drinking buddy. 




We set sail and go around to the arch and see lovers beach, and divorce beach, then the last rock on the Baja as well as a sea lion colony.  Then we go out to look for a whale that is on the Pacific side.  It is much rougher here, and the kids really like the bouncing until the wind and spray starts as well.  We do spot 3 hump back whales again, it is really fantastic, except there are about 8 other boats out there with us that definitely take away from the experience, especially when a couple of the boats are huge catamarans doing a whale watching tour.  I did see the first whale tail though, so it was worth it for me.










We sail back slowly to shore and we decide to pass on the snorkeling because it was just too busy, instead they let us off to swim to shore on a quiet beach.  Liam screams the whole way in, salt water on the toe didn’t feel good, but we made it.  Andre want back out to the boat to get us a round of margaritas, and we just played on the beach with a Frisbee and the racket and balls again for about 45 minutes. 







We swam back to the boat and they had prepared snacks for us, sailed back to the pier and the end to a fantastic morning. 






We then walked back to the ship, along the way looking for glasses for Kyle, as well as new ones for me as my new Prada glasses from Playa broke.  I'm thinking of returning them to Prada but I didn't get my $10 receipt when I bought them.  No luck with any sunglasses for Kyle, but I got myself another cheap pair. 
Back on board with not too long of a wait for a tender. Tonight is our second formal night, again we are not too formal, but we didn't wear bathrobes to dinner so they let us in.  After dinner we went to a magic and comedy show that was pretty good, then to a comedy show that was terrible.  We'll call it another early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate any comments/questions you would have or any stories about the places we visited.