Monday, April 22, 2013

Last day in Javea




We went for a good jog along the water.  We were both a bit melancholy this morning as this may be our last time jogging in Javea.  We may go tomorrow morning but will have to be early as we are leaving early.  It is a bit more fresh today but still nice enough to jog in a t-shirt.  We did about 5 km this morning.  
One last job/walk,Wendys favourite route

Flowers are really out now

View from the beach on the jog/walk

I spent the morning, searching the internet to find a route to Barcelona.  We had planned to stay one night somewhere along the way.  Found a town about half way inland and booked a place.  Found a few places to stop along the way going there.  It should be a fun 2 days going to Barcelona.  
For our lunch time walk, we headed to the beach area as after Wendy is done work, we will be going for our last walk to the port area and maybe old town.  We are looking for a magnet and did not find any in the beach area last night except for the ones that says Spain, nothing with Javea on it..  I had seen one in the port area but did not buy it when I had the chance hoping to find a nicer one.  There are just not many souvenirs stores in this town like we have in Shediac.  We were lucky and the store that was not open last night had a magnet to our liking but neither of us had money on us.  So I shall return says the man with gray hair. 

I went to pick up my new sunglasses at 4 pm.  They are fine and I look very good in them if I say so myself.  I walked to the information center that is located at this end of town.  They are only open in the morning.  I saw a Chinese bazar store.  They are store that pretty much carry anything under $20.00. I was lucky and they had a magnet with Javea, actually it is a picture of the beach area, and this time I had some money on me, so magnet shopping for Javea done. 

Love the name of this tattoo parlour

My new sun glasses

Last day here and we finally add a picture of the apartment, we have the top left balcony

Spent the rest of the day doing more research for the rest of the week.  Wendy and I did one last run to the supermarket to grab stuff for supper tonight (ice cream).  We did most of our packing before supper.  One suitcase will stay shut and we will only use the other one for the rest of the week( I hope).

A nice sunset tonight, so we went to the rooftop to admire.  Took a couple of pictures for Joey.  I know it is her favorite part of the blog. 



Not sure what type of internet connection, or how much time I will have the next week to update, so if you don’t hear from us we are somewhere between Javea and Barcelona for 2 days, then Barcelona until Sunday April 28 when we return to Moncton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate any comments/questions you would have or any stories about the places we visited.