Tuesday, March 27, 2012

From London Day 2

Day 2 in London - from Wendy
Today I it was a day spent on trains and Underground.  Thought of home, as the street I cut down to get to my first underground ride was Arundel.  First off I had to go to Surrey in the morning, then off to Brixton for the afternoon.  Another beautiful day in London area, but too much time spent on trains and underground.  Actually arrived a little early in Brixton, so was able to go to a Vodafone office and pick up a dongle for the UK, which worked great because the wireless at the clients in Brixton was very weak, so the dongle has already paid for itself!  Also spent a little time in a church garden to kill some time, beautiful daffodils, but the season is nearly over, Jill I wonder if yours have shown at all with the warm weather you had in Arundel last week.  At the client in Brixton the elevators are broken, so I had to walk up 3 floors, after all the climbing in Albufeira it was easy!  I’ll have to keep this up at work when we go back until golf starts anyway.
For Jill - any in Arundel yet?

Construction in Leister Square

Leister Square


All the tourists are in London - Trafalgar Square

My hotel, just a little construction!  Not much of a view outside my window!
Back at the hotel now, have gone back and bought tickets to a musical for tonight, Sweeney Todd.  Reviews are great, hope it is as good as the reviews as it is a little $$, thanks Andre.   This theatre is about 1 minute further along the street from yesterday, so maybe a 3 minute walk from my hotel, love it.


Last night Master Class, tonight Sweeney Todd, see how close the theatres are!
Had supper at a really great little Mexican restaurant that I stumbled on because the Thai place I wanted to eat at wasn’t open yet.  At 5:30 it was pretty busy, by the time I left at 6:30 it was packed, guess I picked a popular spot, and it is kind of tucked off in a corner.  It is a different menu, really set up like Spanish tapas, it would have been great with friends to try different things.  Also walked by the Transport museum and thought of my great visit with Margo, Tom, James and Karen last trip.  I wish they were all here every night to go to dinner with!  Though, I am supposed to be meeting Karen and James tomorrow night after work , it will be great to see them again. 

After supper I went by the Tesco that I knew was nearby to pick up some stuff for breakfast.  So glad I didn’t go there last night for this morning because it was closed today because of rat infestation!  Yuck!!!  Robin, I have brought you a few chocolate bars from here, you will not get any this year!

Just back from the show, the acting and singing were amazing.  It is by Stephen Sondheim, and how they can remember all those lines so close together I have no idea, they can hardly get a breath! 

Hope Andre had fun today with the monkeys, can’t wait to read his report!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate any comments/questions you would have or any stories about the places we visited.