Monday, March 12, 2012

Relaxing day

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my baby sister Jacinthe.

Decided to stay around town today. Will hit the city for some fresh vegetables and run a few errands.

After breakfast I headed to the city market. It is about a 10 minutes walk. When I get there it is not open because it is Monday. I kinda knew that but I had forgotten. The joys of being over 50. On the way back to the apartment I saw a building that might look like a supermarket. Only a few more minutes walk uphill to go see. It was indeed a grocery store. Not as big as the one in town but still enough to pick up what I needed for lunch and at good prices. Got back to the apartment 1.5 hour later.

At lunchtime, Wendy took me on her walk she does at lunchtime along the beach and around town.

Stayed in the apartment for the afternoon and did some surfing for things to do this week and prep for supper. Making fish cakes with some salt cod I got last week.

After Wendy was done work, we went to the beach in town. The wind was cool so we stayed there for about 1 hour. Made fish cakes for supper. Yummy. A

Afterward, we went to run a few errands that I had not done earlier.
Put some time put on the cell phone that the owners left for us so if I need it in case of emergency.
Stopped by the discount Ticket Booth to see what the specials were for tomorrow. Trip to Gibraltar was 2 for 1. I will put up an ad looking for a travel companion. Looking for 19-21 female to travel with. Guess not. Will keep checking as they go twice a week.
We also were looking for a European car adapter for the GPS. I was thinking that the cigarette lighter might not be the same as ours and that was why the GPS was not charging. The guy at the counter said they were the same. He checked the fuse. You learn something every day. He said did you try to see if the cigarette lighter works. Of course not. Back at the car, we try it and it does not work. Wendy checks the internet for Skoda Fabia cigarette lighter and tons of hits come up as not working. Find the owner manual online in English as the one in the car is in Portuguese only. There is a second power outlet in the trunk. I can charge the GPS there, crisis averted as we want a GPS for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate any comments/questions you would have or any stories about the places we visited.