Thursday, April 12, 2018

Company Leaving

This morning Jacinthe and Lisa are leaving to go back to Canada. A bit of bad weather is announced for Toronto for the next few days. Hope all the flights are ok. There is a taxi right outside our door when we go out, he says he will be back in 5 minutes to pick us up.  Not sure what happened next, but a bus broke down in the left lane, I think a car was parked in the right lane, then the police arrived.  I walked around the corner to where there are always taxis parked and got another one, not sure how long the traffic was backed up, but it sure backed up quickly at this time of morning.  We took the taxi to where they will catch the bus to the Cancun airport. It is around a 4 hours bus ride and cost about $20. I do a bit of street photography while I wait for their bus to leave at 8:30.

They came as Canadians but left as Mexicans

I guess there is no laws against this


Next to the bus station, For sale needs TLC


I head to Walmart which is across the Fiesta Americana Hotel where the bus stop is located. I pick up a couple of things including a bottle of tequila and a floating lounger for the pool. I am not allowed to buy the tequila since it is too early. Ok, one less thing to carry since it is over 2km back to the apartment. I walk along the Paseo Montego which has nice overhanging trees for shade but still hot.
Sidewalks next to Paseo Montego




Lots of French influence in the architecture




At the end of the Paseo, I take some new street that I have not been on and it gives me a chance to do some more architecture/street photography.


They have laws to keep the noise down at night with decibels amounts


Mechanic on wheels


Paint peeling off, looks like a parrot 

The word of the day is DOORS




Mexico was the last place in the world that made bugs


We do lunch at the pool and spend the afternoon enjoying our new purchase of the pool floatie.

We should have gone to Walmart earlier but I think someone would have hogged it.

Around 7, we walk to see the flower display at Majorada Park. This had almost become a ritual as I have been there quite a few times now.









For supper, we go to Santa Lucia square where the church has a bit of food for sale. Wendy orders Chicken tamales and I get 2 panuchos and 2 bottle of agua de Jaimaca juice which is hibiscus flowers boiled to make a deep purple juice. I think supper cost us $5.




We then watched the band and dancers at the square for a while and called it a night.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate any comments/questions you would have or any stories about the places we visited.