Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Fresh pasta for supper

Walked the wall again this morning. They are working on a couple of sections of the wall. One place we thought they were making progress but they just expanded the area they are working on. Another section they are planting some trees to replace dead ones or missing spots where there were none. Otherwise nothing else too exciting this morning.

The outside of the prison near our palce

A few place under construction. 

Car, Police car, move over Wendy


Garbage bins if you have a card to open them up




The closest I have been to a beer this trip.  I guess someone else enjoyed it.


For lunch, we had a large salad with tons of stuff topped with tuna. I also had bread with Gorgonzola cheese. We also finished some spicy salami that we had lying around.
At lunchtime, we went to the information center to find out if there were any activities going on for Mardis Gras. Nothing is going on. We also had an address outside the wall where to get fresh made pasta. I had checked it out on Google and I was sure I knew where we were going. When we get outside the wall the road forks into 3 roads. I picked the wrong one and after walking around for a while we find the pasta place. But since it is now after 1:30 it is closed for 3 hours for lunch.

We also stopped at the bus station to get times for tomorrow. I am planning to go to Barga which is more like a mountain town.

Bike for 2

Bike for 3


We then walk thru town to finish our walk. Lots of high school kids walking around. Not sure what their school schedule is like here. If they get a 2 hour lunch break like the stores do or it is like home and just one hour. We often see some in the morning when we walk the wall or if we go for a walk before supper. They often have musical instruments with them or what looks like art supplies.

It was supposed to rain this afternoon but it had not started yet, so I decided to go for a bike around town and keep close to the wall and look for other tunnels that I could go check out. It was drizzling when I left but not enough to bother so I went ahead anyway.

I was almost as far as I could get from the apartment when it started to rain. So I started to peddal faster to try to beat the rain. About a third of the way home I found a tunnel that was open and provided me with shelter.

There were 4 or 5 art pieces inside and I spend some time taking pictures. By the time I was done the rain had stopped.

This one is locked


Found this old bike that I don't think has moved for years

Hand brakes

If you see this driving a car, you are in trouble.  This is a not tourist zone.  Only locals are allowed.

Same here






Once Wendy was done we walked to the pasta place and bought some Spanish & Ricotta cheese ravioli. I made a mushroom sauce with some oyster mushroom that I had picked up yesterday at the grocery store. The ravioli were delicious and the mushroom was a good choice. We had one of the white bottles of wine that Lucie & Dan had left for us. It made a great meal.

At supper time the skies open up and it down-poured. We were happy to be inside and not on one of our walks.

We played crib and Wendy chatted with Joey on Skype.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate any comments/questions you would have or any stories about the places we visited.