Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Day 6 or Day 4 on Camino



This is going by far too quickly!  Off again this morning after a beautiful stay at the very nice old manor house. 

Again today I chose the long walk option, which is 18KM, then a stop for lunch.  I pretty much walked the entire morning by myself and loved it.  Because we are stayed off the Camino last night we are starting in the middle of nowhere, so no other pilgrims are out with us. 



More Galatian cabbage

Pretty little church outside of town that I stopped in for a while 

Outside of Church where I stopped

Entering a little hamlet

These 3 bikers passed me entering the hamlet 

These little buildings we see everywhere, they were used to store corn and in the air so the rats didn't get at it 

Luckily the bikers had stopped here, so we took pictures for each other 

Sad this church was not open

Hard to see, but this roof was full of nesting birds 



Empty paths for me today, all on my own.  I saw the 3 bikers, and at the most 5 more people all morning, it was beautiful!


Lunch is at a nice restaurant again.  So much food, salads, Spanish omelet, these amazing little fried green peppers, some hot some not, you couldn’t tell until you bit into one.  Finished up with amazing octopus that there are famous for.  This was all served family style so you could have as much as you wanted, followed up by a plate full of desserts. 
This afternoon we had a choice of 10km of 5km, Daniella has decided to do the long walk so I have company this afternoon for walking.  Met up with some guys outside this little makeshift bar that had spent way too much time there, they wanted us to join them and have some of this awful looking homemade shots with them, we passed.  

Bar where we met up before being driven for lunch


These little peppers were amazing, surprise, not sure if you were getting a hot one or not!

Great octopus


Daniella joined me this afternoon for walking


I loved the sections like this


Little church I visited along the way, it was all glassed in, needed to climb the bell tower for this picture

Outside of Church



It was very hot again today, but another amazing walking day.  We are rewarded tonight by staying in a hotel with a pool!  It was so refreshing after such a long walking day today. I can’t believe I only have one full day of walking left tomorrow.
where we stayed tonight, gorgeous views and grounds, oh and a pool!







No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate any comments/questions you would have or any stories about the places we visited.