Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Swimming in the Mediterean sea



This morning we jogged toward town as Wendy went the other way yesterday.  We had a nice run and both of us felt it.  We walked a little more than usual.  Wendy left knee is sore and my whole cold ridden body is a bit tired from yesterday’s hike.  So no speed records were broken today.
Flowers being watered from above, will look very nice in a couple more weeks



 
The Paradore in Nerja, Not very nice looking but they have a great view

We washed the sheets for the last time and hung them to dry for the last time.  I would have never have washed them again with only 4 more nights, but something about sun, smell of ocean, made Wendy want to do them one more time.  Kill parts of the morning finishing the blog.  The other part of the morning was killed when the doorbell was rang.  The owners had called reinforcements to fix the blinds which were working but not great.   He ended up putting the broken piece back in but at one point he cut the strap that pulls the blind up and down as he thought it was too long before I could so no. So he had to take the whole thing down and replace the strap.  For some unknown reason the old piece works ok.  Go figure.  Cheap entertainment.  I was going to take a picture of him on the ladder replacing the strap for the blog but I figured no.



We also zipped up to the gypsy market with the car.  Wendy was looking for a gift for our niece Symone that she had seen at another gypsy market.   It is not very large, so we found what she was looking for and picked up a few vegetables.  I pickets up 2 kg of strawberries, 2 red peppers and 2 apples for less than 4€.  Also at another vendor I picked up about a pound of asparagus for 1 Euro.  I still can’t figure how we got colds with all this vitamin C that we have every day.  We drink a glass of freshly squeezed OJ every morning plus usually have a bunch of strawberries at breakfast and lunchtime.  Oh well better feeling a little under the weather this week than next.  

The is the place I was talking about a couple of weeks ago

A little bigger than the boxes at home


We met the owners of the apartment in the bar in our complex.  A short visit ended up being 3 glasses of wine for me and tapas.  That was my lunch.  I made a small snack for Wendy when we got back to the apartment as she limited herself to 1 red wine and tapas. 

One story I forgot to mention is the other night when we went out for Mexican, we were reading the menu.  When it came to sides orders we saw they had Acid Cream. From looking at the other languages that the menu was in, we figured it was sour cream.  Often the menus here are in 3 to 4 languages.  Usually Spanish and English, then sometimes French, German.   Very often you get these translations that are not very accurate.  Makes for a good laugh. 

Nancy and Ron called us on Skype as they are almost the same time zone as us.  It was fun talking with them.  It is colder in Amsterdam that here. Hopefully the weather will warm up for them.   The 5/6 and 8 hour time differences make it very hard to get anybody else on Skype. 

After Wendy was done work, we headed to the beach below us because we were determined to go for a swim before we leave here.  Last year we had waited until the last week and I think it was like 18 degrees with a breeze.  Today it is much nicer, more like 25 with no wind.  We sat on the beach before going in to enjoy the sun.  Probably not a good choice as the water will now feel even colder to our bodies. Oh well.  We took turns going in so one could take pictures of each other’s.  Wendy was first to go.  She made her way in slowly and did eventually go up to her neck.  I am not sure if 5 feet of swimming counts as a swim. 

Is this deep enough to count

Almost there
 I was next in, get my feet wet and in I go head first.  I do have to say, it is quite refreshing.  Well maybe a little bit colder than that.  I swam 2/3 of the length of the beach and then made my way slowly back to the Balcon side where we were sitting.   That was enough and my privates were telling me it was time to get out of the water.

In I go

Not so bad

Apres Swim




We stayed on the beach until 7PM where we headed home and I finished cooking the chicken curry that I had started earlier this afternoon.  I made sangria which we enjoyed on the patio while we played crib.  We paused the cribbage challenge for supper and then finished our best of 3. Wendy took the honours for the second night in a row.

Sangria on the patio

Another nice sunset, this is the furthest we can see from our patio


No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate any comments/questions you would have or any stories about the places we visited.