Tuesday, April 1, 2014

3 Visits to the town's beaches


Now that the time has changed the sun only get up after 8AM.  That means that when we start our Job it is still somewhat dark outside and also a bit colder.  We headed to the beach side today as they winds were light this morning.  It was pretty with the sun rising and the light hitting the mountains.



Sport fisherman on his way to try his luck


The morning went by quick with 2 loads of laundry, posting the blog (internet was very slow) and a run to the grocery store.  From the grocery store we stopped at a bread store/bakery (Salvador) for some bread.  It is between the SuperSol & Mercadona. They make it fresh here.  It was still warm when I got back to the apartment.  Delicious. By the time this was done it was time for lunch which afterwards we went and sat in the sun in our courtyard.  I also booked a hike for tomorrow, so a bunch of emails to confirm and get the details.  Looking forwards to that.

Around 2:30, I headed for a walk downtown to pick up a few groceries.  I took my camera and decided to check out the beaches and take a few souvenir pictures.  I was also on the lookout for a vanishing road (street) picture.  I am doing a weekly photo contest and each week there is a different challenge.  So that is my challenge for this week.  Hoping that tomorrow will provide some good opportunities on some of the hiking trails we take.  By the time I got to the small grocery store that has coconut milk about 1 hour, it was not open.  Oh well, we will either goes again after Wendy is done work or I will invent something else for supper.  I decided to stop in at a bar called the Round Bar for a beer and tapas.  I had a white fish in a cream sauce.  Very good.  They also had a few other tapas that I could have tried, so a return visit may be required.

My first attempt at vanishing point, I will find something better

Playa el Salon with the Balcon de Europa

Playa El Salon, our apartment in the back

Playa Calahonda, next to the Balcon

This is why I do not own an ice cream stand, I would eat the profits like him

Playa Catetilla, Next to the Balcon on the other side

The Balcon from underneath.


The door was open, I should have asked if I could have gone in to take pictures, maybe next time


Not open, I would have gotten something

Playa Carabea

Our little town of Nerja, We are on the left where it says MENYBER

Not much of a backyard, just bark at every dog that goes by
After Wendy was done, we headed to get some coconut milk and for Wendy to warm up.  The wind is off the ocean and when you are in the shade (which the apartment is) it is kinda fresh.  We walked around town trying to find sunny streets for Wendy for a while.  After picking up the coconut mile we headed home.  We found a side street that was in open sun and a café that advertised mojitos for 3.5 €.  I had a beer and Wendy went for the mojito.  We stayed there for about 45 minutes or so and just enjoyed the sun and people watching.  This place is in the more local residential area, so most people walking by were Spaniards.  It was fun.

Mojitto tome

We made artichokes for an appetizer and curry chicken for the main course.  There will be leftovers as I can tell by the size of the curry I made.  Wendy can have some or we`ll have it tomorrow or Wednesday night for dinner.

After supper, we headed for a walk to the Balcon.  The wind had died down to nothing.  Not sure if it was the time change or there was something going on at the church tonight but there were many more Spaniards out tonight.  Fun to see.  After the Balcon we headed to the other side of the apartment to see if many people were out at the restaurants.  There is a row of restaurants going from the street to the beach.  Probably 6 or 7.  There were a few people eating.  Monday is the night many places closes but all these were open tonight.  Now with the time changes it starts to get darker around 8:30.

Church at night, on hte main square by the Balcom

Sunset time.  This one is for my Sister-in-laws, she loves sunsets pictures

Part of where we run in the morning

Beach restaurant near us.


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sunset picture,looks like a painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the Sport fisherman on his way to try his luck - nice shot

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate any comments/questions you would have or any stories about the places we visited.