Saturday, February 26, 2011

Last day canoeing


Bacon and eggs for breakfast with re-fried beans.  They also made some fried
dough. They called it fried jacks.






3 hours of canoeing today with a swimming and a  lunch break which was only watermelon and pineapples. After lunch each time we saw monkeys, Team Germany 1 and me would have a sip of rum.  I had 3-4 ounces leftover from last night. At last we reach our destination.  Get everything loaded and off we head towards home. 







We stop at a gas station for a pee break and refreshments. 

We had stop there on the way back from the caves earlier in the week.

So I knew it was a 2 beer ride home. One guy got 1 beer and I said 1
beer?  He was sorry he did not get 2.  He told me so when we got back to the
hotel. 


Everyone ran for the rooms to get showers. I think we could have emptied
the bar pretty quick if we had gone to it.  At least we all smelled the same.


After my wonderful shower I head to town as the Saturday market was on.  As it
was 4:30 most things were coming down.  Lots of fruits and vegetables with a few
clothes kitchen stalls. 


Tonight the group decided to go to a Mexican restaurant. 
It was a real Mexican food and something to drink beside beer and Rum and Coke. 
Yes, Margaritas.  I team up with 2 Canadians and 1 American and order a
pitcher.  $20US for 8 margaritas.  Do I have to mention that we ordered a second
one. One of the German guys never had one before and decided to have one.  About
half way he says, these are good which I replied in a sarcastic manner as you
can imagine, that is why they sell them all over the world.  Supper was really
good.  Off to my nice comfortable bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate any comments/questions you would have or any stories about the places we visited.