Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Lucca Revisited



This morning I am feeling refreshed and ready to take more pictures so I brought my camera with me on our morning walk on the wall. Nothing too exciting except that we noticed that the trees are starting to have leaves and the snow is melting on the mountain tops. Must be this nice 20 degrees weather we are having. We also walked back thru town to find a spot that one of Wendy's co-workers had sent a picture that he had been at. I think it used to be a pizza place when he was here. It is now a large bookstore. The other thing we keep seeing is the LAM bus going around town. Not sure how it works but they look like quality bus and I guess you would need to take them if you were going outside of the wall.


Little flower near the wall, almost all gone now


Distance markers on the wall, A few are missing because it got repaved.


Construction almost all done


My kind of place. A swing gelato bar


Bus system


In business since 1819 selling pottery


After breakfast I headed out on the bike to the cemetery. I am working on a photo contest for the Focus Camera Club and needed a few more pictures, It is a fairly large cemetery and I only walked along the inside edge of it and it took me about 1 hour with many stops. I could spent another hour there but it was time for lunch.


Bus Tour season has started in Italy


Not as big and fancy as Bologna but still impressive compared to ours back home



View from second floor




This guy found a water hole


 Doors to ????


Another large salad which we enjoyed on our patio as it is nice and warm out there. We then headed out for our walk, A couple of weeks ago I had found a underground passage way that had some art in it. So Wendy and I walked there. There are 3 art pieces in there. One is the 3 ostriches with their heads in the sand made for cardboard. The second is a bunch of stack balls made of wires. The third one, which is the most impressive, is a statues of a person made from cardboard. It is huge. The tunnels goes pretty far underground. We then bike thru town to pick up the Italy travel book that we had decided not to buy.


Lunch of Champions



They have just had a baby boy.  You could hear him crying


Vespa with a spare


Entrance to the tunnels




Made with cardboard








Torture museum is now open.  Must be getting close to high tourist season

Once Wendy was done work we headed out for a bike ride to see the aqueduct that Wendy had only seem from the highway at 100KM per hour. We had to do a bit of street biking on the other side the wall to get there but just for a few blocks. We only followed the aqueduct until the highway and only climb on foot over the overpass to look at the aqueduct and return to Lucca from there as it was getting close to 5:30. We bike the wall the long way home. A few people walking and running it tonight. A lovely sunset as well.


I am getting better at biking and shooting






Wendy being passed by a jogger


Beautiful sunset




At home I made curly noodles with cabonara sauce which we enjoyed which turned out great. This was the first time I had made it. Not sure if it was the yummy panceta, the DOP Parmesan cheese or the good olive oil but it sure tasted good. Will try to replicate this one at home when we get back. We had the bottle of sparkling red wine that Wendy had bought when we did the food tour in Bologna. It was very nice but we are not sure if it was the wine to go with the supper we had.

Supper of champions, Pasta with carbonara  sauce

After supper I emailed the guy who got engaged in Florence some of the pictures I had taken. I did not think they were great as I had only taken them quickly. I did the best I could in Lightroom to fix them. He was very happy and said they were much better than his cell phone ones.

Witnessed this engagement in Florence last Friday night - She said YES

Last but not least we played crib and enjoyed Limoncello but luck was not on my side and lost both games but only by a few points each.

Wendy says she got 18,000 steps and that did not include her bike ride.  I had the cemetery visit on top of that so I am sure the supper will be taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate any comments/questions you would have or any stories about the places we visited.